[CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW] Completed a network / phone closet upgrade today. This involved several weeks of work adding around 20 new network and phone drops, removing the old PBX system, and extensive cable run cleanup. I really regret not taking a pic of the original condition but suffice it to say it was a mess! There is an extensive amount of spare / abandoned cabling still in place. I made sure to neatly stow this material out of the way but still make it visible for any future work. I also cleaned up the security camera cabling, added the Ubiquity wireless access point, and installed a professional-grade surge protector / outlet strip for existing and future equipment for this wall.
Here is the way I use a 66-block to distribute 3 voice lines (with room to add a 4th without too much trouble). The feed from the other side of the building is in the lower left corner of the block. I then use a stripped Cat5 cable to daisy-chain the 4 pairs up and down the block with a pigtail coiled up at the bottom of the block. Now there’s room for a total of 11 drops to be fed from this single block. There are probably other solutions out there for doing a similar thing and for less time but when all you have is a block and some spare cable, this will absolutely work!